What they actually mean
1. Strategic lawsuits against public participation.
2. Unidentified aerial phenomena, now the preferred term for UFOs (come on, we don’t need to explain that one).
3. Data protection officer.
4. Freedom of Information [Inquiry].
5. National Vocational Qualification, once gloriously rendered throughout an article on youth training in The Independent as “envy queue”.
6. Buy now, pay later.
7. High net worth individual.
8. Quod erat demonstrandum, which being both Latin and an acronym should really give the ICO kittens.